HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Damn Hosters!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Retriever

PostSubject: Damn Hosters!!   Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey guys,
so i know alot of you are wondering what the hell is going on with the server. Basically our control panel stopped accepting logins so i put a ticket in with our hoster and they suddenly decided to tell me they were no longer paying the license for it and had switched to another one (i mean what the hell?). At first i was pissed but then decided to check out the new CP and man was i even more pissed. They barely installed it (i believe a more accurate description is they copied over a winrar archive) leaving me to do a crap tonne of configuring just to get everything back to how it was.

So did i sort it out? Fk no i didn't after i discovered the new CP was being used under a non-commercial license with annoying advertisement posted in-game every 5 minutes (not just annoying but also illegal)! Basically they screwed us bad before sending me an invoice for next month 2 weeks in advance (can you believe these guys?).

Yeah, that's why the server is currently offline. I've already downloaded all our data and i'm about to delete the server copy before sending a nice reply explaining where they can shove their invoice. Over the next few days we should be moving to a new host, then (finally!) we will definately be getting ready to re-launch. Estimated 'downtime': maybe 2-3 days, i'll get back to you as soon as there is any progress.

Well i think that about covers it really, it's been a hell of a day although i did just find a new Minecraft music video from CaptainSparkles that cheered me up a bit, i'll stick it at the bottom.

Cya
Ret

Last edited by Retriever on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynxx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn Hosters!!   Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 pm

*facepalm*

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ Hello
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paradisefalls.4rumer.com