HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adsh33d

PostSubject: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:19 am

This is a bit of a rant on stuff that's caught me eye recently on the forums. Sorry If I offend anybody.

Firstly, I think I speak for many when I say
The 1.8 server will be survival and therefore we don't want anything copied over. Seriously now. There are so many posts recently about 'Oh, I made this thing, I want it to stay'. Here's a point. One of the reasons we're making a new world is Because the current one is cramped, and we don't want to have the same result of having to extend the map a million miles to find a clear space to make a house.

On the subject of the 1.8 server, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DELAY! Really, if the server went up now, most people'd be complaing about lack of commands and stuff. The server will be updated when Bukkit gets updated. Or something. I haven't talked to Ret about this, so my background info isn't the best. But I digress. It'll be out when it's out.

Finally, a short note here, directly addressed to Goldeneye008. (Who may PM me and I will remove it if you so wish)
Howdy. You good? Ok. So, I know you're a nice guy who wants to get involved with the server, which is good. I encourage that. But posting new threads for every little thing is cluttering up the forums a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that someone is active on the actual forums, but the posts you give are unessential. For example, you created a thread a while back suggesting we make a giant waterfall. This could have been achieved simply by you making a giant waterfall, not suggesting it to everybody. I would point out more examples, though I shall not on account that this is starting to become the largest section, not as intended. The point is, when you post a bunch of threads and get no replies, generally you should take the hint. Also as stated by Flynxx, there's no point in making a new thread for everything in every update. We are all avid minecrafters, and generally will know of any new news on the latest updates, regardless of whether you post or not.
Sorry if this offended you. PM me if you want me to remove this section.

As for the guys, I'm off to bed. See you all in the future tense.

Last edited by Adsh33d on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:41 am

Adsh33d wrote:
Also (as stated by Ret in your most recent update, we are all avid minecrafters, and generally will know of any new news on the latest updates, regardless of whether you post or not.

I don't recall posting something like that? link?

Bukkit has finally released a 1.8.1 recommended build today, i'll start updating tomorrow after college but since a pre-release for 1.9 just came out the restructuring and map wipe may have to wait until 1.9 depending on how long the update will take, i doubt it will be long though considering the pre-release.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:05 pm

I thought you were gonna go on about something with the ACTUAL forums such as "xxxxx category sucks and is never used. remove it" Then I read it and I was waitin for somethin to come up that was like what I thought it was originally about. I finished and I sigh'd because I realized I didn't have to worry Smile

ON ANOTHER NOTE: I totally agree with the "moving to 1.8 so nothin is getting transferred" thing.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ Hello
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paradisefalls.4rumer.com
Platnimman

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 am

Flynxx wrote:
I thought you were gonna go on about something with the ACTUAL forums such as "xxxxx category sucks and is never used. remove it" Then I read it and I was waitin for somethin to come up that was like what I thought it was originally about. I finished and I sigh'd because I realized I didn't have to worry Smile

ON ANOTHER NOTE: I totally agree with the "moving to 1.8 so nothin is getting transferred" thing.

Same.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adsh33d

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:19 am

[quote="Retriever"]
Adsh33d wrote:
Also (as stated by Ret in your most recent update, we are all avid minecrafters, and generally will know of any new news on the latest updates, regardless of whether you post or not.

I don't recall posting something like that? link?

Sorry, I was quiet urgently trying to get this finished and didn't brush up on background info. I was referring to when you told him to not make a new thread for every update update. I shall edit that bit now geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:21 am

I believe that was Flynxx

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:24 am

So it was. Sorry about that Embarassed Fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liamnator7

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:25 am

Quote :
The 1.8 server will be survival and therefore we don't want anything copied over.

That's complete bullshit. I'm not re-building my GIGANTIC Parthenon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldeneye008

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 am

Adsh33d wrote:
The 1.8 server will be survival
So does that mean no spawning 0.o btw u can remove most of my threads cuase i didnt no i can replied to my own posts xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:52 am

Quote :
The 1.8 server will be survival

And where did you hear this? I'm not really gonna say what the server will be like, you'll have to wait and see.

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:54 am

I quoted the person who wrote the rant (can rember peoples usernames well)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 am

goldeneye008 wrote:
I quoted the person who wrote the rant (can rember peoples usernames well)

Yeah i read back from the quote, that was aimed at adsh33d.

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 am

ok but dont tell me theres gonna be complicated systems and stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adsh33d

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:25 am

@Ret

Well, it's what I assumed from the Chatango / TeamSpeak chats. Either that or the -Censored- that Jared and I suggested...

I ought to explain: When I wrote this rant, it was around 11 pm, the time I'd usually be off to bed, and I'd had an eventful day, and so I was tired. I didn't brush up on my background knowledge properly, and therefore, please forgive any errors I made. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)   

Back to top Go down

Some things I've noticed on the forums that have to change. (Rant)
Page 1 of 1